Three Facebook executives sell stock as trading restrictions are lifted

By Shawn Knight
Nov 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A number of Facebook employees are now able to sell shares they were awarded when the company went public earlier this year. Three executives, including the social network's chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg, took advantage of the lifted restrictions and...

Read more
  2. SCJake

SCJake Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

This is a lot less exciting than I thought it would be. Kinda hoped that 3 executives sold all of their shares to just get out rather than some of them were looking for a quick payday
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,162   +428

Headline should read "Three Facebook Executives Take Profits as Trading Restrictions Lifted." The current headline had me thinking that they had offloaded a significant quantity of their holdings.
    SCJake likes this.
  4. dikbozo

dikbozo TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 106

Mostly disappointed at the amounts, not very surprised at the selloffs. I do fully expect the head rats, er, honchos to gradually dump all or nearly all of their shares over time as this gigantic turkey of a stock continues to underperform. Long term 'pump and dump' scheme in action.
  5. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

This is no different than any large IPO. The title made it sound like they were jumping ship. With how little they sold it may even be less. When you said that the Accountant Officer sold a lot, that could be worrying, but it's still only a quarter of what he'll have.
    teknix360 likes this.
  6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,009   +681

Or maybe they just have an ounce of common sense and know that they shouldn't keep all their eggs in one basket now that they're not forced to.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.