Three Steps for the Backup of the Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulan1210

Three Steps for the Backup of the Film
1.Capture
2.Processing
3.Burn

These steps for some software can be combined together totally, for example, DVDXCopy and Pavtube DVD Copy. However, most of software just can combine two steps together, such as DVDShrink, DVDFab (capture and processing), DVDCopy, or CloneDVD (processing and bure). So the interaction between the two parts is very important. The newbie must learn about the function, and then the software can work for you well.

Capture:
usually there are two methods to remove CSS protection, capturing the IFO and VOB files into hard disk or directly pass by operating system. The common capturing software includes DVD Decrypter, pavtube dvd ripper, and SmartRipper. The chance for problem is less than others with the method. If not capturing all the profiles of the film, you have to use IfoEdit to make the processing. It won’t make sense to directly throw it to the burn software. There are various ways to pass by the operating system, such as DVD Region-Free、AnyDVD and DVD X Ghost. However, not all the software can be compatible with the processing software. Sometimes it will affect the operation of copying software. Therefore, the newbie should be sure which processing software the software can be compatible with on the official website before using it.

Process:
The film processing can be chosen for compression or piece as you like.
Pay attention to this: the quality after compression not only depends on the compression software, but also is up to the original compression core of the film. Namely, film 1 may use software A to get better quality, while film 2 maybe be better after using software B. There isn’t any Causal relationship.
As for the piece part, usually the burnt film can’t play normally due to the complex construction of original profile, which makes you have to try several software to check.

Burn:
The burning part seems to be simple as long as VIDEO_TS are given to the copying software. However, it has the most chances to make them not compatible with each other. The Nero is an example for the bad compatibility. It is highly suggested to use RecordNow or directly use CopyTo DVD to complete burning processing. But it is better that the system contains the built-in burning software in case that there is contention between the burning software and make copying stop. In addition, choosing the blank disc is very important too as the poor quality film will cause so much mosaic and it can not convert the files quickly, even the files can not be recognized.

Tips:
If your DVD contains commercial materials, you can use the shareware to avoid the influence on the original disc.

Thanks mulan1210, bookmarked. Even though I have seen lots of info on the web, your 3 Step does make it easier to understand.

Just wondering about the bad Nero Compatability part (in Burn) Is this on all versions, or just the latest?

To add to this, if you want full quality dvd copying with all menus, use the latest version of anydvd. It bypasses copyright protection and allows you to rip your dvd to your hard drive. It also gives you the option of removing the annoying trailers at the start, so that it jumps straight to the title screen.
I use this method to load my dvd's onto my vista media centre's 'dvd library' (after the registry hack) and its fantastic.
However, at full quality each dvd is likely to be between 5-9Gb, so beware. But that's the price you pay for the full movie experience.....and storage is dirt cheap nowadays so it shouldn't be an issue :)

Here is an old page that I bookmarked a while back, that discusses some of these processes in more detail :http://www.antidrm.hpg.ig.com.br/

your 3 Step does make it easier to understand
Actually I might edit that slightly. (my first read, may have been a bit too quick)

mulan1210 would you be able to re-read your post and possible edit a few areas such as:

These steps for some software can be combined together totally, for example, DVDXCopy and Pavtube DVD Copy.
What "software" also are these softwares pay, free or shareware (or even unlawful ie dvdshrink32)

The newbie must learn about the function, and then the software can work for you well
This sentence and many others, during your post, have not been written with clear English i.e. What function? And "work for you well" doesn't make sense.

The concern is, if you are trying to "clear up" a difficult process, which many have failed in doing. Then your directions also need to be very clear and concise too.

I believe you would need to rewrite this again, in full, to be used as any benefit to others. Especially others who require this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back