Tim Cook details Apple's privacy policies in open letter, takes indirect potshots at Google

1. A couple of weeks after hackers leaked several private, nude photos of celebrities, allegedly taken from iCloud accounts, Apple CEO Tim Cook has published an open letter explaining how the company handles personal information of users, as well as government...

Read more
  2. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 735   +259

For some reason, I don't believe him all that much...
    OneSpeed and TadMSTR like this.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Probably because he tried to make it sound like he has an advertising platform....

I just cant see why he used those words its not like or any apple products have advertisements... like come on now...
  4. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 245   +69

Apple is good at deflecting, and negative propaganda never hurts with that. Apple has always been good at this, and why change now?
  5. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 632   +163

Like law enforcement needs access to your actual device, the data has already been recorded in the middle while it was between servers.

The NSA targets ISP's and Telecoms companies to get all devices info not specific companies.

Also if someone has a court order for the emails of a specific individual I don't see how Apple would possibly be able to avoid releasing that information.

Sounds like focusing only on the good and not mentioning the rest.
  6. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 299   +152

-"Siri. how can I hide a body?"
    -"Cook made it clear that the company's (advertising) network sticks to the same privacy policy that applies to every other Apple product, essentially meaning that it doesn’t get data from Health and HomeKit, Maps, Siri, iMessage, call history, or any iCloud service."
    Thanks to Mr Cook, now I can sleep at night.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

He's just sour because after Google analyzed pictures of his wife in the Google cloud she wasn't offered a contract with Playboy or Penthouse magazine.
  8. Ya Google is bad.....Right Timmay..That's why were talking about Google Drive accounts being hacked...oh wait we're not.
  9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,462   +1,760

Then, when the mailman left a brown paper bag on their doorstep with two eye holes and her name on it, he came to the terrible realization he'd been hacked...:oops:
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014