Time laptop power prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Time (traveller) laptop 15" and the power connector on the back is broken. The laptop will only get power after hours of fidling with the wire at the back!! It looks like the prong at the back that the power lead slots into is loose. Does anyone have any advice about how to take a Time laptop apart and fix the problem?
thanks
emma

laptop dc power connector protector

A tip for laptop owners. After trashing two Toshiba laptops due to continual problems with the DC power plug connection, I discovered a quick, cheap ($6) fix that is being offered on ebay. It won't repair existing problems but it will prevent future problems by simply removing the stress put on the DC cord that eventually cracks the solder on the mother board or prevents good contact within the connector itself. Suggest that laptop owners consider this to prevent an expensive repair later. It is adaptable to any laptop/notebook and can be viewed at ebay by querying "DC power jack protector".

My advice would simply be don't. You should send it back to Time if it's within warranty.

If it's not, then either think about getting a new laptop, or find someone who does stuff like that on a regular basis who'd be willing to do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back