TechSpot

Ting: a fair and caring mobile carrier to launch next year

By Leeky
Dec 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. These days most wireless phone carriers take every given opportunity to overcharge customers tied into lengthy phone contracts, but news is beginning to surface of a new provider, Ting, that…

Read the whole story

2. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 595   +52

Interesting. I'll need to see what their pricing tiers are before I could say that this is a good deal. Full cost phones makes me cringe though.

3. Hopefully if there pricing is good and they build a solid cusumer base they won't do the same as thier competitors.

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

The middle of next year is a long way off, and the economy is showing now is not the wisest time to push a new start-up. The competition is rigorous and these little semi-announcements may be just testing the market to drum up investor support. It has been done many times in the past. There are at least three major world-wide companies that are failing right now. The little ones that work through such outfits as Walmart and Cricket are doing OK, but is their room for another before the markets improve substantially?

5. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 640   +56

This kind of service gives hope. Perhaps it will help drop the cost of the overinflated phone prices as well.