TechSpot

Titanfall is coming, and it's good: Here's what we've learned so far

By Julio Franco
Feb 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The internet is abuzz with Titanfall as the embargo lifts on preview events, flooding the infoverse with fresh takes on Respawn's upcoming Xbox and PC mech shooter. We couldn't make the event, so instead we've rounded-up the best new looks our...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,065   +919

I really hope I get into the beta. I want to see if preordering this game is worth it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 947   +113

I don't understand how anyone can compare anything to Call of Duty, CoD is just horrible. "The Call of Duty Game You've Been Waiting For." So avoid it like the plague? This game looks far better than anything the likes of CoD will ever produce again. " the preview build to be running at 1408x792 resolution, or 792p, and not 1080p on the Xbox One" With one month away from release I'd be surprised if they got it running at full 1080p, it will likely be unscaled to that res and not run it natively. Or they'll have to strip out some visuals to achieve the mystic 1080p consoles seem so hopelessly unable to attain.

St1ckM4n and JC713 like this.
  4. jackal2687

jackal2687 TS Member Posts: 70   +11

Cant wait to play it.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,065   +919

But then again dude, it is built on the Source Engine. It isnt as demanding as something like Frostbite.

6. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Enthusiast Posts: 151   +32

The XBO version has been confirmed to be 720P for months now. 1080P will not happen. I'm hoping a bump to 900P with future updates may be possible, but 720P may be necessary to keep 60FPS the minimum. I'd expect a lot of nice MSAA (or one of the variants,) to smooth edges. Also for XBO you're supposed to play the game 10+ Feet away from the screen where minor jaggies are less noticeable. The real reason to choose XBO over PC will be the community. Both will be pretty large, but I'd expect server optimization priority would go to XBO, then PC, then 360. I'm getting it for XBO for another reason, my friends are getting it on Xbox. My PC is more than powerful enough to run this game at 1080p even 1600p, but what's the point if I have no one to play with.

7. jetkami

jetkami TS Rookie Posts: 99

Battlefield $4$ sucked and is replete with bugs why would this EA game be any different.

8. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 947   +113

Ha, good point, totally forgot it was using such an ancient engine. I thought it was Unreal engine or something but even then its still not particularly demanding anymore.

Fair enough, also the fact that it's going to be an Origin exclusive is quite disappointing. The console based community is surely going to be superior to the PC side because of the closed ecosystem.

9. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,094   +110

It's best to wait and see how it is after launch. it might be good game, but since it's EA I'm expecting bugs and patches that don't fix said bugs

10. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

Hater gonna hate on ice skates

11. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Enthusiast Posts: 227   +54

Because unlike DICE, I don't think Respawn will let EA manipulate them. This was their personal pride and joy, so to speak and letting EA manipulate it? Would basically lead to an embarrassment for the company, when a new IP might have 'some' customers forgive EA for publishing it.

Basically in other words, if EA has no hand in it the game should be good. If EA is breathing down their neck over it, then expect a lot more bugs and overall not be worth your money. EA has been hyping the new IP, but I don't think they wanted them influencing it. Seeing as they can clearly tell, what EA has done to PopCap and DICE and want to avoid that.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.