Titanfall launches March 11th on PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360

Scorpus

Staff member

Titanfall was one of the most well received titles at E3 2013 when it was unveiled during Microsoft's keynote, with many looking forward to what it will bring to the next-generation of multiplayer gaming. Yesterday, EA and developer Respawn Entertainment revealed the game will launch in North America on March 11th, 2014, and Europe on March 13th, 2014.

As expected, Titanfall will launch simultaneously on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC, with PlayStation 4 gamers losing out (for now). The game is naturally said to look best on PC and Xbox One, thanks to more powerful hardware and Respawn's focus on next-generation platforms. Interestingly, the development of the Xbox 360 version was handled by a separate studio, indicating it'll likely be a port of the next-gen versions.

titanfall xbox ea xbox 360 pc gaming gaming console xbox one next generation respawn

Alongside the release date, Respawn also announced a Titanfall Collector's Edition, which will be available in "extremely limited" numbers for $250. The edition will feature a copy of the game for your chosen platform, an 18-inch hand-crafted Titan figurine with LED lighting, a schematic poster of the Atlas Titan, and a 190-page art book. Pre-orders of the Collector's Edition start today through the game's website.

Titanfall is an original IP multiplayer-only first-person shooter which sees players battle both inside and outside of large mech walkers on a derelict planet. Although the game is multiplayer-only, it will be infused with singleplayer elements such as a plot and non-player characters. Respawn built Titanfall using a heavily-modified version of Valve's Source engine, and will also make use of Microsoft's cloud computing technology for the game's dedicated servers, AI and physics.

Permalink to story.

Probably my most anticipated game of next-gen.

Hopefully it'll give me a reason to upgrade my PC :) I'm growing bored of cheap PS3 and 360 ports not even making my 670 sweat.

This is in no way the most anticipated game by any stretch of the imagination, Titanfall reminds me of a CoD game with mech warriors thats it and its made by practically the same people which makes it bad.

If the game was made by people with experience in other areas then ye it would look better but atm it just looks like call of duty : Mech Warriors 1.

On my list its Killzone, BF4, a few other PS4 exclusives and thats about it.

There's nothing much on the horizon for me except Assassins Creed 4 (barely makes it) and GTA V (very hopefully). On PC naturally.

It would have been cool to have Valve publish this game so that it could have been a "launch title", or an incentive for people to try Steam OS; considering that its using Valves Source engine, I'm sure this could have been accomplished fairly easily. Oh well, still looks fun, and I might pick it up in a year or so on Origin - where it will most likely be exclusive - once it reduces in price.

I know nothing about this game, but I hope this takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. The huge robot warrior (or is it a dude in a suit?) shooter cliche fits so much better after a good alien invasion.

I guess people don't know that Titanfall is one of the most anticipated games of 2014, especially on the PC side. It's Mech Warrior meets CoD/BF4. For those who think Titanfall is just CoD with Mechs, maybe but you haven't even played it. Lets not forget BF 2142, could be like that. Two other things, Respawn Entertainment is the old IW so there would likely be some similar style of CoD, so that shouldn't be surprising to anyone. The second thing is BF4 has CoD style of gameplay too, just look at their BF4 beta map DOM, played just like a CoD game.

BF4 and CoD Ghosts will get a lot of attention but by Spring time Titanfall will be coming out and will be different for most people. I believe it will be very good. It may not be different to everyone since Mech games are not new but a CoD style with Mechs is new.

This could not of been a Valve game as if you would have read, it uses a HEAVILY modified version of Steam so there is no way it could have made it on SteamOS not to mention that even if it could, it wouldn't likely have high requirements like it's likely to have. Meaning a SteamOS version would be more watered down than what RE wanted.

Lets not forget this game is published by EA anyways, why would they want the game using SteamOS when they have their own platform to use.

I love how people say they'll just wait to get the game after a year. Your full of bs, you haven't even played it and we all know if your friends get it, start playing, you will also too. Heck, you might even be the one who likes and you get your friends playing it. So please do everyone a favor and stop saying bs crap when you haven't even played it or seen much of it.

This could not of been a Valve game as if you would have read, it uses a HEAVILY modified version of Steam so there is no way it could have made it on SteamOS not to mention that even if it could, it wouldn't likely have high requirements like it's likely to have. Meaning a SteamOS version would be more watered down than what RE wanted.

Lets not forget this game is published by EA anyways, why would they want the game using SteamOS when they have their own platform to use.

I love how people say they'll just wait to get the game after a year. Your full of bs, you haven't even played it and we all know if your friends get it, start playing, you will also too. Heck, you might even be the one who likes and you get your friends playing it. So please do everyone a favor and stop saying bs crap when you haven't even played it or seen much of it.

Yikes! Bad day?

Anyway, the game uses "heavily" modified "Source" engine (not Steam, btw). Okay, no one knows what that means. It could just be the addition of Havok physics and additional post processing effects, shaders, etc, etc. Maybe a new shadow rendering path, who knows... But, the foundation of the source engine is still there. Regardless, all I said was " I think" (meaning, my opinion - just to clarify) it would have been cool to have Valve publish the game, and put it on Steam OS seeing as though EA already has the Battlefield franchise. Also, the part about the game being "watered down" and having "high requirements" with SteamOS I don't understand at all, as we have seen that Source games ported to Linux have shown an increase in frame output; not to mention, the fact that OpenGL is just as capable, if not more so, than DirectX, and has a faster rendering pipeline. Maybe its different with this game, or maybe there are other technical limitations... but again, no one knows except the devs.

Also, maybe I will get the game if my friends get into it, or buy it early because it's a really good game... maybe I won't, who knows what will happen, so I'm not trying to bs anyone lol -does it even matter? For me, at this point in time, and with what I know about the game, it sounds like it might be fun; something I *might* be interested in, something I *might* purchase down the road...

This is the team that got me into PC gaming to begin with. The original Call of Duty from Infinity Ward was incredible. A small studio taking on EA's Medal of Honor in the WWII shooter space and ultimately dominating. CoD1 and 2 are among my favorite games to this day. Sadly, being overtaken by Activision tarnished the series IMO. After 4 there didn't feel like there was much too add and the games continually became re-hashed with the same style of multiplayer being used in AAA fps games. This team setting forth on their own took tremendous courage and if there ever was a team to re-vamp a genre they would be the one to do it. My hat is off to them and I will definitely be checking it out. Funny how're they're under the umbrella (EA) they initial set out to compete against. I hope they adhere and respect the PC community as it began to quickly fade after CoD4. I'd love to see companies acknowledge the competitive space of PC gaming for FPS again. The free space is picking up speed with LoL and SC2 is gaining more recognition in the States but there isn't much to be said for new FPS games (I just miss caleague). Now, I'm assuming, we just have to deal with Origin.......

I was wondering why I had not heard of this game before - it has no single player! Weak.

Back