Titanfall Review: Is this what first person shooters have been missing?

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/789-titanfall/]https://www.techspot.com/review/789-titanfall/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

I loved the BETA but the full release game seems like its missing something I found the beta more fun tbh. I still love the game but I dunno it seems different, hope they allow mods or allow you to customize your weps more.

People will find this game either awesome or complete crap because most shooters aim to give a lil bit of everything which satisfies the bigger audience. But this game doesn't aim at it. They just place their idea without any compromises and I love it. That shows balls and to be honost I'm a lover of this game. I've been waiting so long for someone to deliver a game that doesnt give you a bit of everything. The wall hopping needs some training in my case since I am not used to that and a lil bit more weaponry but man, for me this game rocks ***!!!

The ONLY real gripe with this game is the customization is a bit lite. Honestly the default assault kit mirrors my main custom class almost to a T. Hopefully they add more weapons and Tier perks w/o requiring DLC. The upside to that is you should have no problem as a lvl 1 once you get used to the game. The weapons unlocked later are different, but not necessarily better. The game's well balanced this way.

The ONLY real gripe with this game is the customization is a bit lite. Honestly the default assault kit mirrors my main custom class almost to a T. Hopefully they add more weapons and Tier perks w/o requiring DLC. The upside to that is you should have no problem as a lvl 1 once you get used to the game. The weapons unlocked later are different, but not necessarily better. The game's well balanced this way.

It's EA, there will be mod (DLC's, expensive ones, it just rhymed with mods and made a reference to a movie).

Also I'm not very fond of the Origin part.

I agree it needs more customisation. The base is very strong though. They don't have major kinks to work out and the game is fun

This game is so overhyped and overrated its a shame. I was impressed at first but quickly grew tired of the game all in a day. This fool said he run late to school and work for this. He truely have no life. And to u people who are to quick to give the game a good review is the reason for all the garbage games being sold at high prices. But yall be back to bf4 and cod ghost within a week of playing this trash non rewarding fps. By the way just another fps to me

Well if you would've actually read the review you would see why the guy who wrote it recommends it. Overhyped and overrated guest poster.

Well if you would've actually read the review you would see why the guy who wrote it recommends it. Overhyped and overrated guest poster.

Perhaps he owns a PS4. I didn't see that listed in the supported platforms. Great shooter for PC and Xbox only... is this the next Halo?

Great game, I have enjoyed it so far and its been really pleasing to play and pull off some fun team coordination. I just like the idea of walking up walls and such because it gives you such a nice ability to move over the entire maps.

I like having mech's to fight with as well and for once I feel they are incorporated into the game correctly. I am enjoying the game and feel its one of the first shooters in awhile that ive really enjoyed just hopping onto random multiplayer matches (Other than Battlefield).

I'm having hella fun with it. The options and fight scenarios (as the writer provides several good examples), are pretty much endless. Every time I play I learn something new. And there is just some sort of supreme personal satisfaction in bringing down a Titan solo - especially the rodeo way. I like the fact there are only 6 players per team, but you still have a bunch of bots running around to keep you busy. Really cuts down on the campers, which are annoying as hell in other FPS games. You have to keep moving if you really want to make any headway and enjoy all the game has to offer.

I know there's a lot of DLC coming too, so this is just the start. For those of you "waiting for the price to come down," you're going to be waiting a LONG time. As popular and successful as this game is so far, there's no way they're going to drop the price anytime soon. This will be like Skyrim where you won't see the first price drops for over a year. Shoulda pre-ordered the game when they had the discounts going on then.

And guest? Glad you're around to provide us some humor. There's always one of you "who knows better than everyone else."

I was 9 when I got my first game console, the Odyssey, and have been playing on PC since the old booter game days.

But I can honestly say that Titanfall is the game I have been waiting for.
I mean,,,,,, Damn.

This has to be the most biased and opinionated article I have read on TechSpot. He does not even define or go into much real detail about the mechanics, graphic details or any important information us consumers are interested in. It feels like I'm reading a Teenage Girls blog "gushing" over a boy she's crushing on. This makes alot of us readers wonder whether he has ulterior motives or incentive to give such high praise to this game/company.

Please be more specific and critical and stop wasting our time with bonding moments you had with your buddies over this game. I have had as much if not more fun playing terrible games with friends... this doesn't exactly denote the games worth/merits.

Avg. Consumer/Guest #2

And please, don't bother trying to discredit us because we can't be bothered to log into facebook and have you guys ban us for opposing your shady views/agendas. You buncha sold-out e-nerds pandering to whoever gives you free pc parts... :p

This has to be the most biased and opinionated article I have read on TechSpot. He does not even define or go into much real detail about the mechanics, graphic details or any important information us consumers are interested in. It feels like I'm reading a Teenage Girls blog "gushing" over a boy she's crushing on. This makes alot of us readers wonder whether he has ulterior motives or incentive to give such high praise to this game/company.

Please be more specific and critical and stop wasting our time with bonding moments you had with your buddies over this game. I have had as much if not more fun playing terrible games with friends... this doesn't exactly denote the games worth/merits.

Avg. Consumer/Guest #2

And please, don't bother trying to discredit us because we can't be bothered to log into facebook and have you guys ban us for opposing your shady views/agendas. You buncha sold-out e-nerds pandering to whoever gives you free pc parts... :p
Oh im dearly sorry, apparently the author liking the game and writing his views and opinions have offended the person who decides he/she cannot be bothered to show his or herself with an actual account instead choosing to be anonymous.

In what way were you forced to read the article? Were you strapped to a chair by techspot executives and forced to read this article at gunpoint? I don't think so...

What, because the article did not share your opinion so you have to trash everyone here for liking the game? So sorry to say but most of the reviewers have loved/praised the game so either every reviewer is biased/being paid off or its an actual good game. I would say go find your information elsewhere if you can't take the opinion of the author because I'm pretty sure 99% of the internet is filled with peoples opinions.

Titanfall is the first multiplayer title that I look forward to playing everyday. Gears 3 was the last title to do this. The firefights are crazy and frantic; jumping in and out of your mech and having full-on mech battles adds some great flavor.

The downside is that the game doesn't have a single player. Titanfall just screams to have a story mode that tells about the war raging across the solar system between the IMC and the militia. In fact, Respawn could have been the first company to give gamers the option to play the game from the perspectives of both sides and then make their own decision as to which side is good or bad.

I hope that if there is a Titanfall 2 Respawn and EA will not miss the opportunity to put the single player mode back in.

Other than that gripe, Titanfall is hella fun.

Avg. Consumer/Guest #2

I'm guessing you have a reading comprehension problem. The various gaming scenarios he describes defines the mechanics perfectly. I wish more reviews were like this so I knew how the game actually plays.

What do you want to know about the graphics? Too lazy to go to You Tube or the Titanfall website and watch the 1,001 gameplay videos to see what they look like? You need someone to tell you, "they look good" so you'll believe it? You think a state-of-the-art new release like this is going to have crappy graphics? Have you HEARD of anyone complaining about the graphics?

Amazing how the title of "Guest" almost always equals ridiculous comments.

This has to be the most biased and opinionated article I have read on TechSpot.
First sign of trolling, no need to read further. That is unless you need more evidence, which is available. For the record, you will not find a pro/con review that is not based on opinion.

I honestly don't like Titanfall, I wanted to because the netcode on BF4 has forced me to stop playing it and I wanted to play something new but it really isn't that great.

It's a slower version of Unreal Tournament 2004, except with less vehicles, and better graphics with some rockets strapped to it, and only 6 players.

Don't get me wrong, they've done a great job making firefights feel intense and epic with AI everywhere, but that turns me off immensely, AI doesn't have much of a place in games branded "competitive online multiplayer".

I really did want to play this and be like "OMG! This is amazing!" but it really, really isn't.

People will find this game either awesome or complete crap because most shooters aim to give a lil bit of everything which satisfies the bigger audience. But this game doesn't aim at it. They just place their idea without any compromises and I love it. That shows balls and to be honost I'm a lover of this game. I've been waiting so long for someone to deliver a game that doesnt give you a bit of everything. The wall hopping needs some training in my case since I am not used to that and a lil bit more weaponry but man, for me this game rocks ***!!!

Apparently this is the first shooter you've ever played. TitanFall is full of comprimises:
- no single player
- low quality dated textures
- old graphics engine, lacks scalability
- Retarted Bots added as fillers because engine can't handle more human players.
- Very limited weapons
- Very limited upgrades
- Pathetic gameplay modes.
- Jumping/scaling walls went out with Unreal Tournament.
- runs at 780~p on console.

Back