TechSpot

'Titanfall' will require a titan-sized amount of storage space

By Shawn Knight
Feb 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Titanfall is expected to be one of the biggest games of 2014 - both in terms of popularity sales and installation size. Respawn Entertainment co-founder Vince Zampella recently revealed via Twitter that the PC version will require 48GB of storage.

Read more

2. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 962   +205

On a PC I wouldn't care. On the XB1 however...

3. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 752   +272

And remember folks, that is without a singleplayer component...

LukeDJ, Auth3ntic0 and St1ckM4n like this.
  4. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 568   +25

Witcher 2 was pretty close with its 20GB patch on top of the 25GB install

5. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 226   +85

It will be a little tricky to install on a 120/128GB SSD for sure, I had to move several games to my 2TB HDD in order to install Max Payne 3. You will just have to pretty much stick to playing this game while it's installed.

6. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 141   +15

Ghost only takes up 30gbs not 40 according to my steam install.getting this for xbone first then pc the next month.leave me enough time to clear space off the drive.

7. No one installs games to their SSD. If they do they are *****s.

8. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,256   +222

On the bright side, it has 13 maps (10 of which are probably DLC *cough*) :D

Auth3ntic0 and St1ckM4n like this.
  9. DKRON

Not true I have all my origin games on my 120GB SSD like battlefield 3 and 4 and crysis and all the need for speed games and im planning on buying 2 1TB Samsung Evo's for purely games (Next Build)

10. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

I install whatever current game I'm playing on my SSD. Just one game at a time, though. I'll probably pass on Titanfall due to that size. I'll put it on my 1TB Raptor.

11. DKRON

What do you do if you want to replay it lol?

12. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Well you have more money than sense.

13. DKRON

Well by the time haswell-E finally comes out (correct me if I got the wrong socket, one with DDR4) those 1TB's should be more common which will bring them down alot, for example 120GB SSD's were like $500 when first released too

14. Tokido

Tokido TS Rookie Posts: 17

Good thing I have a 1tb Samsung 840 EVO ssd along with a 4tb WD black hdd.

15. TomSEA

Well, this may be hard to believe, but I save my final save games in an external hard drive and then I reinstall the game if I want to play it again. Pretty tough to figure that out, eh? :p

16. Chris Just

Chris Just TS Enthusiast Posts: 32

On Xbox it is 40GB and requires 80gb to download and install it. So not much better in file size.

17. DKRON

Holy moley haha, your dedicated. I feel like just buying you a new SSD just because I feel sorry for you doing that

18. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

Oh stop it. Don't tell me you're still on the, "I don't want too many writes to my SSD, because it will lower it's life" crap.

19. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

48 gigs huh... I think that will just fit on my TI/99

20. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

I wanna see those recommended hardware requirements, then the official reason for this.

21. EClyde

EClyde TS Guru Posts: 706   +181

At that rate the game better not suck.

22. TomSEA

Go for it pal, I'm always up for new toys.

23. jackal2687

jackal2687 TS Enthusiast Posts: 85   +12

Until we play it we won't know. Otherwise if it doesn't tickle your fancy, don't buy it. I have it pre-ordered and am looking forward to it, with a campaign or not.

24. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

This was a forgone conclusion. Throughout the PCs history hard drives have been getting bigger and bigger to accommodate larger and larger programs and games. I can remember when I upgraded my 486 SX to a 120MB hard drive from a 64MB. Which makes me scratch my head when I think about the new Xbone. What was Microsoft thinking when they put a non-upgradable 500GB HD in the Xbone intending to move the industry towards all digital downloads? And it's really not that much of a price difference between a 500GB and a 1TB HD.

25. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 752   +272

What are you getting at? I was merely pointing out that it's a large size and without campaign maps...