To blag or nor to blag!!

Rik

First off by blag i mean to give a bit of bull s***.

Got an "associate" who i just sorted out a mobo problem for who is notoriously tight. I have built and installed 2 complete systems for him in the past and got £10 worth of tobacco, a cheap monitor, and a gigabit network card which he later had back.

The mobo i just sorted he got second hand and he said it wouldn't detect any hard drive he tried in it. All it was was that the previous owner had set hdd detection to manual so all i had to do was set it back to auto and all works fine.

Should i blag him and tell him i spent loads of time and had loads of hassle so that i can hopefully get a bit of cash from him for a change????

Problem is I'm a very honest person and find it hard to do something like that.
On the other hand, he is unscrupulous and devious and would stab me in the back if he ever got a chance.

What do you guys recon? Should i or shouldn't i?

And if i do, what can i say took a lot of time to do???

A dilemma!!

Personally, I`d recommend you don`t help the guy ever again.

Charge him whatever you think is appropriate and see if he pays up.

Regards Howard :)

I agree with Howard. You need to kindly say that you are not working on other PCs anymore, you or too busy or something like that.

I wouldnt gouge him, but at least recoup some money.

Yeah, well he wanted my help again today but i said i was too busy.

Been trying to get a laptop to work properly all day.

So he popped round without warning, i stood there with half a laptop in my hands and said this takes precedence as I'm being paid for doing it.

Still cant figure out whats wrong with the laptop though.

If he didn't compensate you adequately for your labor, you're entitled to recovery. Take him to small claims court if he doesn't agree to pay.
I am not sure about English law, but I am sure you have such a court.

Exaggerate your time spent on this a bit. Say 25% or so, do this then for every subsequent time. Either that or just tell him before you work on it what you expect as payment.

Back