to widescreen-monitor-owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

Does anyone own a widescreen monitor and game with it, i was reading in newegg reviews and online that it steches and look not so great

my question is that does a widescreen really make the games look bad or do they accaully look nicer?

If your talking about an LCD Widescreen there is only one native resolution they are capable of displaying. They are not Multi-Sync like CRT monitors. If you set it at any other resolution what you get is an emulated picture from the monitor.

Gaming on a widescreen is beautiful... atleast if you run your game at the native resolution. Otherwise you get an ugly stretched pic.

FEAR at 1440x900 (my widescreen's native res.) (note: FEAR cannot display 1440x900 from its menues - you have to manually edit a config file) is BEAUTIFUL. Just make sure your vid. card can handle it.

I have the problem with my resolution of 1440 by 900 on Battlefield 2. The game doesnt support the resolution!!!

I have read that there is a way you can edit the game to display the 1440 by 900 resolution but the sides get cut off slightly.

I want to change the aspect ratio and add my 19" widescreen resolution. If someone can help me out i will very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back