TechSpot

'Tony Hawk' studio Neversoft merges with Infinity Ward

By Shawn Knight
May 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Neversoft Entertainment, the developer behind the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk franchises, is closing its doors and will be merging with part-time Call of Duty creator Infinity Ward. The studios recently worked on Call of Duty: Ghosts at which time...

Read more

2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Not sure if a good thing or a bad thing. I remember the Tony Hawk games, those were some real fun games back in the days on the Nintendo 64. I wonder what this will entitle (Maybe some new ones or something of the likes?).

Jad Chaar likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,058

Now you can go racing around the COD maps on a rocket propelled skateboard equipped with machine guns and RPG's.

Jad Chaar likes this.
  4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

If your good developers see 95% of the workforce are pathetically stupid then leave to make a amazing studio I guess you gotta get some good devs somehow like making neversoft merge with you.

5. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,324   +711

"The memo revealed that Activision’s executive VP of worldwide studios, Dave Stohl, will run the new studio. He’s been with the company for close to 19 years and has led dramatic changes involving Infinity Ward in the past. "

This pretty much insures it will go in the "bad" category.

6. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Thanks for killing that buzz :p Well that's disappointing but I guess we can always hope right?

7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,561   +862

Honestly I think the infinity ward team has the potential to make some of the best games we have ever seen if merged with some new creativity and given the responsibility of making original games.

8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

No doubt about it. They were really fun! I feel like this is gonna turn out to be like DICE and EA. A great company will be ruined.

9. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 708   +168

Too bad Infinity Ward lost all of their talent after MW2.

10. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 143   +59

I think you might be on to something...