Too many problems with Kerio Personal Firewall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

Was going thru the "how to remove" stuff, saw KPF referred to so
tried it. Replaced ZA.

BIG mistake! And I paid for it yet!

Gives me more problems than Norton used to.
Blocks all kinds of stuff I want to download,
slows down much of the rest.

Waste of money.

ZA seemed to be effective and largely trouble free.
Over a period of many months, picked up only less than
a dozen largely harmless cookie trackers per my AVG
and other scans.

And if I have a choice, I don't want to have to spend
MORE hours setting up something for security, like a site
at a time or whatever - have done way more of that
than a person should have to already.

I really feel your pain. I have had four versions of Sunbelt's Kerio since May 2006 and BSOD's galore. It always had to do with their fwdrv.sys driver (and it is what drove me to TechSpot in the first place because I was going nuts; I am forever indebted to peterdiva for reading my minidumps). Here is the thing, Sunbelt knew it was an issue and I've got their tech support email to prove it!

I thought they got it right with their 735 version but, again, I got BSOD's. However, they have 2 tools that help in the complete removal of Kerio and to help bring stability. And since I did a complete uninstall and then reinstalled I haven't had a BSOD for some time (and I am holding my breath because I just never know).

You can configure Kerio pretty easily so that you don't have such interference. This is the one thing I do like about this Firewall. Also, from what I have read they have released another version but I am not sure if it is beta only. Check out this link:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=173273

* I suggest contacting Sunbelt support about your issues. Believe it or not, I have found them to be very good at responding in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back