Too many programs beginning on startup! how can i change this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have many programs that begin on my system startup that i would like to disable from doing so. i have disabled several by going to the programs options and telling it not to start. however, some i have been unable to figure out how to stop, such as windows messenger (which i would love to delete but ran into large problems and had to do a system restore last time i tried), microsoft hotkey(as i have no hotkeys on my keyboard) and some type of dvd program. does anyone know where i could locate the entire list of programs that are beginning on startup? any help would be greatly appriciated

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you fill in your system specs in my.TS.forum at the top of the page(click on edit profile)

You don`t say which OS you are using, so I will assume that it`s XP.

Click start then run and type msconfig

Select startup and you will see a list of programmes that start with Windows.

Decide which ones you don`t want to start and untick the checkbox next to them.

You can also click on the sevices tab tick the box that says hide all Microsoft sevices. You will then see what is running along side Windows, again you can untick anything that you don`t want.

When you have finished click on apply then ok. You will be prompted to restart your computer.

Once your system has restarted, you will be presented with a screen that says, msconfig has been used to make changes etc, tick the box that says do not run on startup and then ok.

Regards Howard
:wave: :wave:

thank you!

thanks a ton... i havent done the restart yet but this was exactly what i was looking for... ill post again if i have any other problems with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back