Torrent Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mather

Im running bit comet and bitlord at the moment depending on what runs the fastest. These are both free programs.

I was thinking about buying Bit Commet but didnt no whether it would be worth it. Can any body give me some facts about the programs or am i better off just sticking with what i got??

hi John,

i still use the ABC 3.01 version.
For me it works perfect, with the right broadband connection.
4mb in my case, and get dl speeds of about 435kb/s.
Sometimes a movie dros in, in two and halfhour. Pretty fast i think.
Also it depends on the amount of seeders
and the uploader's connection.
ABC is also free, just google.
Tried bitlord, azureus, but i prefer this. :giddy:

Question
Do you buy all of software?
Bit comet is also freeware https://www.techspot.com/download618.html
:giddy:

i only have a 1 meg connection im tryna upgrade but i don't wanna spend a lot.

I tried U torrent and didnt like it

I am just trying to download planeshift but its connecting at liek 4 kb/s so it was annoying me thats why i asked

cheers people

John Mather said:
i only have a 1 meg connection im tryna upgrade but i don't wanna spend a lot.

I tried U torrent and didnt like it

I am just trying to download Tiger Woods 2006 but its connecting at liek 4 kb/s so it was annoying me thats why i asked

cheers people

There could be a reason it is downloading so slowly. Go out and buy the game!! We do not discuss nor condone piracy at TechSpot. So please do not bring those types of discussions here. Thank you.

Azureus is amazing when it comes to control, but possibly somewhat overcomplicated if you just like to start downloads and couldn't care less about the rest - I've found it takes a fair whack of system resources somehow.

Utorrent, well, it just rocks. Very small, feature rich but not too much so for those that want to use such features, but there's no real need. very easy to use. The downside is that it has no write cache of its own, meaning that constant use (IE 24/7) might just wear out your hard disk sooner - I've yet to have this confirmed, but I've heared people saying it, and their explanations sound pretty convincing.

BitComet - hmm - recently controversial because version 6.0 ignored the private flags. There seems to be a lot of people using this version bitcomet - possibly because ignoring private flags is advantageous on private trackers for convoluted but never the less important reasons which I shant go into. Sufficed to say that ignoring private flags is cheating :). Other than that I know little about this client.

Bittornado - kinda like the bittorrent original client, but better. Not a bad one.

Also, I very much aree with the post previous to mine.

Okay my bad i apologise.

I just wanted to find a faster one. It didn't take long to dwnload planeshift (thats a free game btw but i dunno how to actually play it yet haha)

But the question still remains what is the difference between Free clients and the ones you have to pay for???

Thnx for the hint guys,
Have installed utorrent,
gonna give it a go for a while,
it looks very ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back