Toshiba a200-ah7 will not power up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a Toshiba a200-ah7 less than 2 months ago. A few mornings ago I tried to turn it on and was greeted by a blank screen. Same thing when I Plugged it in, unplugged it, took out the battery, put it back in etc.... When it is plugged in, the plug in symbol is the only light that goes on but no matter what I do or how long I hold down the power switch, the power will not come on. Any thoughts?

Hello, PantySoup, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it could be that the power button is broken or faulty. If you can get the top off of the laptop (basically the keyboard bit) you may be able to follow the cables to where the power switch plugs in and then try shorting the pins and see if the pc starts. This works in a desktop pc so i'm hoping it will in a laptop too ;) Also i'm hoping somebody will be able to offer some more detailed instructions on removing the cover of a laptop because i haven't done it myself :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back