TechSpot

Toshiba agrees to purchase OCZ's SSD business for $35 million

By Shawn Knight
Dec 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. OCZ’s days are officially numbered as the company has reached an agreement to sell their solid state drive division to Toshiba for just $35 million. Specifically, the deal covers OCZ’s client and enterprise solid state drive business which includes OCZ's...

Read more

2. Wow Toshiba got F**KED

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,591

Toshiba was already F__ked!

4. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 388   +53

The above 2 comments baffle me.Toshiba doesn't have much in the SSD department so it'll be a good acquisition for them. Toshiba, while seemingly not a popular company here to the basic consumer in the US has a great reputation with some of the business I have worked for and I have had solid experiences with their products myself. I, in no way, see Toshiba as "f**ked".

5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 994   +89

I miss that old PCP&C. Hope that they make it out alive. They were one of my favorite power supply brands.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,591

Honestly, I don't either. I don't even see OCZ that way, they are pitching the company out the window just to be doing it. It wasn't plain to see but I was being sarcastic. I think Toshiba knows what they are getting into, and don't think OCZ is in that bad of shape.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.