Toshiba CD-Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a Toshiba Satellite R20 tablet laptop. Recently the CD-rom drive has stopped working. It doesn't display itself in My Computer, and every reboot starts with a "CD-ROM ERROR." I tried installing DVD drivers, system restore, and nothing works. I can't get into the BIOS and as the cd-rom doesn't work, I cannot reformat with the cd program.

Hi

Obviously the CD unit is faulty and needs swapping so its either buy and fit a new one or you need to take it to a service centre and have it repaired.

Regards

Upside screen

Hi there,

I'm new way new to this site and also don't know a thang about pc's or laptops other than typing on them. And I felt compelled that I should start somewhere hence my findings on this webpage.

Lets start with the important fixtures, I've got a Toshiba laptop SATELITE A100 - 163 model PSAA9E 00U00ME I think. The problem I'm having is that the screen shows upside down, I've tried about every key on the laptop but can't seem to rectify this problem. Please help this blonde fairy. Thanks for your response/s.

Rabster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back