Toshiba completes OCZ acquisition, keeps the brand alive as OCZ Storage Solutions

By Shawn Knight
Jan 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Toshiba on Tuesday finalized the purchase of OCZ Technology’s assets and in a move that will likely surprise many, the company will continue to use the OCZ brand moving forward with the creation of a new subsidiary known as OCZ...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,689   +871

Good. OCZ was an SSD pioneer and it would stink for the name to just die.
  3. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,131   +171

4. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 410   +42

Deffo good news this
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,759   +1,421

Too early to tell if this is good news or not. Sounds like marketing strategy regardless of future quality. OCZ already has a well known reputation, throwing the name out the door would have been shooting themselves in the foot.
    misor likes this.
  6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

I'm glad to hear this, I wouldn't buy a Toshiba SSD, I just wouldn't, but OCZ I would, I just hope they've kept the same guys who helped make the Vertex and Vector drives, they are awesome and it would be sad to see a name like OCZ, who really pushed for faster SSD's just die out like it did.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,803   +702

I like OCZ drives. Although a lot of people badmouthed them for poor reliability among other things, I've never experienced any issues with them at all and I've dealt with quite a few of them.
    misor and Burty117 like this.
  8. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Does this mean OCZ's other business sectors will be Toshiba as well, or just the SSD sector.
  9. Smart move Toshiba!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.