1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba completes OCZ acquisition, keeps the brand alive as OCZ Storage Solutions

By Shawn Knight · 8 replies
Jan 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Toshiba on Tuesday finalized the purchase of OCZ Technology’s assets and in a move that will likely surprise many, the company will continue to use the OCZ brand moving forward with the creation of a new subsidiary known as OCZ...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,503   +971

Good. OCZ was an SSD pioneer and it would stink for the name to just die.

3. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,706   +409

Good news!

4. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 428   +44

Deffo good news this

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,953   +3,148

Too early to tell if this is good news or not. Sounds like marketing strategy regardless of future quality. OCZ already has a well known reputation, throwing the name out the door would have been shooting themselves in the foot.

misor likes this.
  6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,989   +762

I'm glad to hear this, I wouldn't buy a Toshiba SSD, I just wouldn't, but OCZ I would, I just hope they've kept the same guys who helped make the Vertex and Vector drives, they are awesome and it would be sad to see a name like OCZ, who really pushed for faster SSD's just die out like it did.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 7,402   +2,566

I like OCZ drives. Although a lot of people badmouthed them for poor reliability among other things, I've never experienced any issues with them at all and I've dealt with quite a few of them.

misor and Burty117 like this.
  8. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 610   +94

Does this mean OCZ's other business sectors will be Toshiba as well, or just the SSD sector.

9. Smart move Toshiba!