Toshiba display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Tecra 8100. After it has been on for awhile, the screen darkens. The screen can barely be seen behind the darkness. When I push the sometimes fix the problem and sometimes it will brighten up for just a second and then darken again. This just began to happend recently. No new software has been installed. Is there anyone else with this problem, and how did you fix it? Thanks in advance

It might be the powersaver settings. If you are running the laptop on the battery, after the battery reaches a certain level the computer will reduce processor speed, screen brightness etc. You can go into the settings and and set all the sliders to full which will prevent the screen from darkening but your battery will run out faster.

maybe inverter issue. common on toshiba. try connecting to external monitor, if its fine, then you have something in the top end, not the main board or whatever. if it is the inverter, you should be able to find one che~ap on ebay and they're a p.o.p to fit. easy.

when you're laptop is running, connect the external monitor and toshibas use Fn+F5 to switch to external monitor.

SORRY~!!
i always just click on new posts or todays posts..
didnt realise! something musta distorted the time~space continuum!
he he wierd that.
my deepest apologies! a la captain flasheart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back