TechSpot

Toshiba Equium M40x display

By Psychobiker
Aug 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,

My friend's Equium M40x has got a duff display - there are lines all down it in two regimented sections. Adjusting the resolution makes the whole screen all liney or just segments, depending on resolution! I've had the thing to bits, checked all the connections, no joy there either

Anyone?

L
  2. lamo

lamo TS Rookie Posts: 570

do you mean lines in one pixel thikness or something else? if one-pixel thikness - this is LCD fault. only replace will helps. if another thing - i suspect that there's video-chip problem.
  3. Psychobiker

Psychobiker TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 67

IT's exactly half the screen, and is present on the external monitor. Any idea how to remedy the memory error? Replace mobo? Where to get from tho
    L
  4. lamo

lamo TS Rookie Posts: 570

replace LCD
  5. Psychobiker

Psychobiker TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 67

It's weird, if I change resolution, the screen will change from being completely distorted to being distorted in two columns. video mem error?

L
  6. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 829

sounds like video card. if it was a dell laptop they would replace the mobo... donno about toshiba
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.