Toshiba external hdd usb2 troubles !

Status
Not open for further replies.
well here's the thing . .
i have a toshiba external hdd 320 gb usb 2 !!! and i connected it to a windows xp sp2 ... on a hp pavillion dv5000 laptop . .. (pretty good computer)
here's wt has been happening recently ..
i connected the harddisc to the laptop and the usb icon says to me : this driver can work faster and stuff.....and the copying speed from the computer to the harddisc is pretty low.. . !!!!!!
i don't remember that i was havin this problem be4. . .
and i tried connecting the hdd on other computers.. . it works just fine !!
i copied 3.7 gb to it in just 4 mins !!!
so i thought it's my computer . . but i connected an another 300 gb harddisc to my laptop and it worked extremely well . . . i mean it copied the same 3.7 gb in 4 mins !!

oh .. and i forgot to say that it takes about 3 mins to recognize it completely and open files.. . and it sometimes blocks the computer for 2 mins.. . and sometimes.. disables the wifi device which is connected through the usb !

so i have know idea wt's wrong. . i went to hp to c if there were any updates for my hp usb . . and i updated ...but stilll the same problem . .. !!

any idea anyone ? ?!!!

plz help. me if possible !!!!! :(

You might have to reformat the USB 320 on the laptop to get it to be more compatible... Who knows why...

Have you changed the external hard drive enclosure? Mine does the same thing because the external enclosure is cheap USB 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back