TechSpot

Toshiba Laptop LCD

By dmohler
Oct 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop Model: Satellite M35X-S149 P/N: PSA72U-00T00U.

The problem I am having is that the LCD screen has turned white as though only the backlight is functioning. If I plug a monitor into the external VGA port I can get a display on the external monitor.

Has the LCD gone bad or is there something else I can check before shelling out 700+ dollars?

I am computer literate and a Avionics Tech so getting into the guts of the computer won't be an issue.

Thanks in-advance.
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

The fact that it works fine on an external monitor means that its definitely the screen and not the built in graphics card, but lcd are not easy to diagnose a fault on. I have been experimenting with a faulty lcd monitor just yesterday, i think i have been able to figure out the problem with a logic probe but am waiting on parts to be sure that i have it sussed.
  3. dmohler

dmohler Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Forgot this on my OP, I have checked the LCD inverter located just under the screen and it is functioning correctly.
  4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Best idea may be to keep a look out on ebay for a second hand laptop or screen that you can use for parts!!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.