Toshiba laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i have a toshiba laptop and it suddenly stopped working , when i on it , it asks for password ,it doesnt even load the bios so i cannot even format it and reinstall windows xp

please help me

Sorry didn't mean to keep you waiting. LOL What model? What operating system? Which password? OS? BIOS? How did you get in before?

it is toshiba sa50 model and windows xp OS

it was working fine suddenly it stopped and when i tried to start it ,it asked for password, i went through the toshiba manual which comes with the laptop ,it says this is the bios password and only after i enter the password it will load windows ,till then FN f1 to f9 wont work , there is no password given in that manual

i tried to figrue out where the cmos jumper is ,but dint find it ,please help

Reboot the laptop. Hold the left shift key down while the system is booting. If that doesn't work, type in their back door password Toshiba.

luvhuffer said:
Reboot the laptop. Hold the left shift key down while the system is booting. If that doesn't work, type in their back door password Toshiba.

i tried both of them before dint work ,

do u know anymore backdoor passwords, will it be written somewhere in the manual where i can check ?

no it is not helping , i tried the passwords but none work , i am stuck , this laptop was given to me by the company where i work , i have to make it work soon cuz some documents i really need badly please help

do u know where the jumper is located in the toshiba laptop

Toshiba has nothing on their web site about a model SA50 Does it say anything else? Is it A sattellite, Sattellite Pro, what? I need more info.

I'm a Toshiba laptop repair technician. On the bottom of the laptop is the Toshiba tag where the actual model name/number will be found. What is the exact wording of the password request that you are getting?

luvhuffer said:
Toshiba has nothing on their web site about a model SA50 Does it say anything else? Is it A sattellite, Sattellite Pro, what? I need more info.

it says sa50-109
and it is sattelite

ricky123 said:
when i start it ,i get

N
Password=_

in the manual i saw this been written but they dint write what password to use
Of the sattelites sold in the US, only A65's and M35X models have the 109 sub model.Is there an authorized toshiba service center anywhere near you? That is a boot password request from the bios. The method of clearing that will require a technician to get it done on the A65. The M35X may have to go to the Toshiba main service center, I don't remember for sure just now. The Toshiba Customer Service phone number is 1-800-457-7777. Perhaps they can be of more help than I am.

On that Toshiba tag on the bottom there should be the model/ part number and serial number. The model part number starts with a "P" and could be "PASxxxU-XXXX" where the "x" is numbers and the "X" would numbers and letters combined. What is that model part number?

Iberger. That's why I couldn't find it eh? I was not using the global/European site. I'll defer to your expertise, and bow out of this one<g>

luvhuffer said:
Iberger. That's why I couldn't find it eh? I was not using the global/European site. I'll defer to your expertise, and bow out of this one<g>

nah this i am in the middle east , and i saw under the laptop it says about the site , toshiba-europe.com but i checked the site i dint find anything usefull

can anyone tell me how to find the bios battery , or how big it is in shape or a picture may help too

the bios battery is soldered to the mainboard, about 8mm diameter, round, about 3mm thick. At least thats the setup for the last year or so.

damn first of all i live in a remote area , i took this pc to a small computer shop but they said they dont deal with laptops, toshiba doesnt have a outlet here ,

maybe they have a out let in the city
plus sending it to them will take a lot of money and also it will be weeks before i will get it back,

Dude you have a computer. Use it. There are tons of companies offering service on Toshiba products, including laptops. These took me 2 whole minutes to find. and I'm in California.

Al-Futtaim Electronics - Central Services Operation Contact details.

Dubai
Office Timings SAT-WED 08:00 AM to 07:00 PM &
Thur 08:00 AM TO 01:30 PM
Service & Spare Parts : 04-2825112 & 04-2824004
(Service - Air Conditioners & Home Appliances)
Spare Parts: 2824113
FAX Number: 04-2824094
Toll Free Number: 8004458
E-mail Address: Afcso@alfuttaim.ae

Abu Dhabi
Office Timings SAT-WED 08:00 AM to 07:00 PM &
Thur 08:00 AM TO 01:30 PM
Service & Spare Parts : 02-6733004
FAX Number : 02-6733809
E-mail Address : Thomas.Ninan@alfuttaim.ae

Al Ain
Office Timings SAT-WED 08:30 AM to 01:00 PM &
04:00 PM TO 08:00 PM & Thur 08:30 AM TO 02:00 PM
Service & Spare Parts : 03-7667018
FAX Number : 03-7669712
E-mail Address : Armando.Fernandes@alfuttaim.ae

Fujairah
Office Timings SAT-THUR 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM &
04:00 PM TO 07:00 PM
Service & Spare Parts : 09-2222926
FAX Number : 09-2224075
E-mail Address : Salman.Javaid@alfuttaim.ae

Ras Al Khaimah
Office Timings SAT-THUR 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM &
04:00 PM TO 07:00 PM
Service & Spare Parts : 07-2331421
FAX Number : 07-2333306
E-mail Address : Hatim.Saherwala@alfuttaim.ae

ahlan wa sahlan.

thanks for the list , i called them up , they told they will charge some 400 busks for it , and i also tried to open it with no luck ,it is still stuck from the main battery side ,

i dint try hard ,cuz i dint want to break anything , this is a psa50e model it was written behind the laptop and on top it is written satellite ,

any backdoors password if u know which r new , cuz i have tried all the old ones

Request help

Dear Sir/Madam

Few days before I have bought a Laptop “Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747” hoping to print label on my personal DVDs using “labelflash functionality”. I have studied before in the specification of this brand that this function exists in these models. But I have problem using this ability of my Laptop. In the “Ulead DVD MovieFactory for Toshiba” there is not any printer installed on my DVD drive! I continued the steps in the link bellow but there is not “<D> HL-DT DVD RAM GSA“ printer on my laptop.

Is this means that there is special diver or software to install this printer and use them!?
If it is true please send me the link of driver or program to download it!

I will appreciate if you help me in this regard!

Best regards
Roya

“Ulead DVD MovieFactory for Toshiba ”

===============================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back