Toshiba Laptop

Hi am Foday am a Gambian and am studing hardware but my laptop is a toshiba it use to shutdown itself
what can I do to fex this problem. I remove the battry and plug the adopter but still is shuting down

Take it to a repair shop to have it cleaned out, and the thermal pads or paste replaced or re-applied

It might be an overheating problem, as suggested by Tmagic650, that means a hardware problem. In other words, installing or uninstalling software won't make a difference.

To avoid overheating issues on a laptop the easiest way is to have it cleand up with a wind blower, to blow dust that might be stuck inside the fans or thermal fins. If you don't know how to open a notebook you might do more harm than good so Tmagic650 said to take it to a repair shop so they can take a look at it.

If they can, to replace the thermal pads or change the thermal paste (Depending the case).

You could also try using a notebook base with fans to help the airflow and keep it cool.

Try to run temperature monitoring software, like Hardware Monitor from CPUID.

If you are able to discard heat as an issue you might have faulty memory dims or hard drive, but take it step by step.

Back