Toshiba M30 Recovery Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm having a little trouble with the Recovery DVD included with my Laptop. I have a Toshiba M30 YSJ. The recovery DVD is a norton ghost image and installs fine but once the computer start i get a BSOD. I dont remember the exact error but i was able to narrow the problem down to sound card driver. I did this by using my brothers XP home disk then installed the original drivers from my toshiba recovery disk one by one. The computer crashed as soon as i finished installing the sound card driver and have the same error as the one upon booting up.

Its odd that this would happen even though the sound worked fine prior to restoring my computer (using original rivers from recovery disk) and while running ubuntu. My laptop starts in safemode but i cannot uninstall the driver and sound card software and the BIOS has very limited options allowing for only boot configuration and nothing more. The Laptop comes with Windows XP home SP1. Any suggestions on how i can solve this problem?

Thanks,

Salim

if you were using your brothers disc, you will need to use the serial # off your laptop XP disc for entry. Also laptop CDs sometimes have special drivers. In any case try that first. You may need to download drivers from the manufactuer website.

try booting into SAFEMODE and then disable the sound device; now reboot

you should be able to get better control and time to update the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back