Toshiba M35X-S149 display problem - how to get to mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiancee's laptop has a display problem. Even when I'm at the BIOS screen, the widescreen display looks like it's compressed to normal width at the left side of the screen. There's a black bar down the right 20% or so of the screen, but a strip of the display seems to be aliased onto it.

Can't be a driver problem; this happens before I get into Windoze. Also looks fine on the VGA port when hooked to a (regular-aspect-ratio) external monitor.

The good folks at Toshiba have decent phone support, and their tech suggests that it needs to go to an Authorized Service Center - most likely, the LCD display connector's coming unhooked. (That happened to my dad's laptop once, too, as I recall...)

ANYWAY, I'm looking to pop the cover and see if I can see the connector myself; looks like the nearest "service center" is actually a UPS store, and no idea how long it'll take them to fix it.

1) Does anyone know the quickest combination of screws to pop the case open and get to the connector in question? I'm about 15 in so far, and it's not even budging... I've already got the battery and HD out, and it doesn't seem that the optical drive comes out the way I'd expect.

2) Am I gonna hit a warranty-voiding sticker between me and where I need to be?

same problem here

KalTorak said:
My fiancee's laptop has a display problem. Even when I'm at the BIOS screen, the widescreen display looks like it's compressed to normal width at the left side of the screen. There's a black bar down the right 20% or so of the screen, but a strip of the display seems to be aliased onto it.

Can't be a driver problem; this happens before I get into Windoze. Also looks fine on the VGA port when hooked to a (regular-aspect-ratio) external monitor.

The good folks at Toshiba have decent phone support, and their tech suggests that it needs to go to an Authorized Service Center - most likely, the LCD display connector's coming unhooked. (That happened to my dad's laptop once, too, as I recall...)

ANYWAY, I'm looking to pop the cover and see if I can see the connector myself; looks like the nearest "service center" is actually a UPS store, and no idea how long it'll take them to fix it.

1) Does anyone know the quickest combination of screws to pop the case open and get to the connector in question? I'm about 15 in so far, and it's not even budging... I've already got the battery and HD out, and it doesn't seem that the optical drive comes out the way I'd expect.

2) Am I gonna hit a warranty-voiding sticker between me and where I need to be?

Hoe do you fix it

(i know its an old thread, but i need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back