Toshiba NB200 Doesn't start at all. Screen stays blak.

Hello, I'm new of the forum and I',m posting because a serious problem on my Netbook.

The exact model is Toshiba PLL20N-007003, I know a little old but I like very much to use it.

The problem is: when I push the power on button the fan starts, the HDD disk start, but the screen stays black. the HDD light start for a fraction of second then fan stops and nothing more happen.

If you try a couple of times may happen that the pc starts normally and you can use it.
In the beginning you had just to try some times to power it on, but now I can start it maybe once a day.

I disassembled and reassembled the pc completely to check for loose junctions or cable. Mother board, ram, HDD looks good.

I checked motherboards "beep" but I can't hear nothing even unplugging all devices and gradually placing theme back.

I have no idea on what check next.

Can anybody help me, please?

PS. I add that I tried the HDD with a USB adapter and works perfectly as USB key.

Thanks
Fabio

The power button is in a very strange place and may be linked in some way to the opening/closing of the lid. A replacement power button board can be bought on eBay very cheaply. As you have mastered dismantling the notebook I suggest you check the power button or maybe just try replacing it.

Thanks for your answere.

I checked if the button and power-on light work, and to me they work.

Do you think that a problem on power on button may cause the problem?

I'm just guessing. It may be power related because sometimes it will power up. Button board, power supply and battery are what I'd look at first. Maybe the lid has a hidden switch that turns the unit off and is sticking?

Back