TechSpot

Toshiba P100-ST9012 vs MAC?

By jnbblues
Jan 30, 2007
  1. I'm considering getting a Toshiba for general home computing and gaming. Anyone have experience with this notebook? Out of the box it has 512 mb dedicated to graphics memory -- is this a true indicator of a above average gaming machine? I've done some basic searches and am finding people generally happy with the machine. Others?

I was actually hoping to switch from an IBM to a Mac for my home computer... but I'm not hearing good things about Mac when it comes to gaming. Anyone else?

Thanks much!

2. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,289

Does it have the 7900GTX? Thats a sweet laptop if it doesnt melt that is! I would beware of overheating issues though? Had a few Satellites in the past that had consistant problems. Personally i would stay away from Toshiba's.

Just my .02 though....

3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,851

I am assuming your talking about a mac laptop in which case you would be forced to buy a macbook Pro + Windows to game. A regular macbook would does not have the graphics hardware to for a moderate/serious gamer.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.