Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172

Hey I just found this thread today, I'll try to keep this post short.
Got a laptop that had obviusly been dropped for free, but it's a toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 so I wasnt going t turn it down. worst case a free blue ray player right? well it had windows 7 on it but none of the drivers having anything to do with network connection worked, and there were still personal files on it, so I decided I would use this as a windows 8 machine.

Installed windows 8 pro, worked fine for about a day or two until I installed an update, and ever since then the hdd (C:) has been at 100%, and the one thing that I found that helps is disabling the DVD/BRD drive in device manager.

this doesnt fix the problem completely, but the average usage of the disc went from showing as 100% to between 10-20% even when nothing is open and the actually usage still only adds up to about 4-5%

I will post screen shots later after I get the machine to let me take them before it freezes. also the cpu and memory are at 3% and 32% wile this problem happens so I think it's the same problem that a lot of people have after using windows 8 for a bit.

Back