TechSpot

Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172

By boxfish
Jun 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey I just found this thread today, I'll try to keep this post short.
    Got a laptop that had obviusly been dropped for free, but it's a toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 so I wasnt going t turn it down. worst case a free blue ray player right? well it had windows 7 on it but none of the drivers having anything to do with network connection worked, and there were still personal files on it, so I decided I would use this as a windows 8 machine.

Installed windows 8 pro, worked fine for about a day or two until I installed an update, and ever since then the hdd (C:) has been at 100%, and the one thing that I found that helps is disabling the DVD/BRD drive in device manager.

this doesnt fix the problem completely, but the average usage of the disc went from showing as 100% to between 10-20% even when nothing is open and the actually usage still only adds up to about 4-5%

I will post screen shots later after I get the machine to let me take them before it freezes. also the cpu and memory are at 3% and 32% wile this problem happens so I think it's the same problem that a lot of people have after using windows 8 for a bit.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,837   +164

Any updates on this?
  3. M Usman Aman

M Usman Aman TS Rookie

Any more updates ???

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.