Toshiba satellite m60

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsou

Hi, I joined today and thank anyone and everyone in advance for any help he/she can give me. Here is my first problem - with my laptop screen. A vertical red line on the right hand side of the screen suddenly appeared a few days back while I was online and will not go away. I tried changing the screen saver already. It's still under guarantee but I have no faith in the shop where I bought it (they told me to bring it back as it means serious screen problems) but as I'have just had some bad experiences when I returned other electronic equipment I'd like to check if anyone else has ever had this happen and what was the solution. Again, thank you!

test with vga out?

I had the same computer with the same problem, when i contacted toshiba support they gave me a local repair site and i brought it in, they tested it and replaced the screen in 2 days. The guy at the repair facility said all they did was to hook up an external monitor to verify it was indeed the screen and not the system and when they knew the problem was the screen they proceeded from there. If you have a vga monitor you can plug in and test it, if it is the screen it's one of the easiest fixes, so unless the shop you're dealing with is totally inept, or totally corrupt, it should be no problem

Toshiba screen problem

Thanks a lot, that gives me a lot of good info for when I take it back to the dealer (major national electronics wholesaler in France) Hope your problems, if any, get solved soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back