TechSpot

Toshiba satellite notebook keyboard problem

By worzel
Jun 27, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've got a Toshiba Satellite notebook, which is about 4 years old. In the past when I had to use the touchpad and then switch back to the keyboard, the cursor occasionally jumped to another letter in the text - I had to toggle Fn + F9 a lot to stop it.

Now it does it all the time. Has anyone any ideas as to how to stop this - I can't do any fast typing any more.

Thanks,
    Worzel
  2. JohnnyW2001

JohnnyW2001 Newcomer, in training

Jumped to another letter? It can only really be your keyboard then, surely? (Left cursor key playing up?)
  3. worzel

worzel Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yes. But what can be done?
    Thanks for replying.
  4. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,048

hey worzel you would have more luck posting in the appropriate forum

Hello worzel and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's 2008 updated Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum.

Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and I hope you enjoy it here

Regards,

BD
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.