TechSpot

Toshiba satellite pro l500 ez1530

By dudikuff
Jun 24, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi u all i have this Toshiba satellite pro l500 ez1530 when i turn it on i get this message press f2 go to setup utility, f12 to boot manager . When i press this keys nothing happen
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Standard startup choices on all commercial Windows computers. Has your Toshiba always worked this way, or is this a recent event?
    Can you start in <SAFE MODE> by depressing the <F8> key repeatedly. This may enable you to explore settings. Your system may be have turned off the <F2> and <F12> switches, so IF you need them, make changes in Safe Mode.
  3. dudikuff

dudikuff TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi Thread

it dose not respond after the press F2 to setup come the laptop hangs so i can't get to safe mode
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

To get to Safe mode, press the F8 key when Windows starts to boot. You have to do this BEFORE you see the first "Windows" screen. You can start tapping away as soon as you get by the first BIOS startup screen or the manufacturer's splash screen. Experiment and you'll get it.
    If it is not even able to that, time to buy or borrow a new hard drive to try a clean install... that will tell you whether it is on your system board or peripheral cable, or the hard drive.
  5. dudikuff

dudikuff TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi

ok, i Thread i will do that but as u said i try booting to safe by pressing F8 but it did not work i will get a new HDD and do a clean install as u said . hope u do enjoy your weekend bye
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.