Toshiba Sattelite A105-S1014 CPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I need to know is what processor is a compatibe upgrade from what came factory. I'm boosting RAM to 3GB and purchasing a larger HDD so I'd like to see if I can install something other than a CeleronM processor. Thanks for your time.

Generally you cannot upgrade laptop CPUs. Most of the time they are hard soldered. In addition it will involve opening up the case which not only violates any warranty but also is difficult and in some cases can cause breakage. Not advised. The best upgrades to a laptop are ram, hd speed, and optical drives in that order.

Update asto my ability

Mkay, just for anyone thinking I'm a newb to this, I'm not. I'm more than familiar dismantling and reassembling laptops. I've upgraded many in the past with larger processors. My only lacking on this system is I'm not sure what the clock speed and power requirements are for this chip being as I'm more familiar with AMD chips as opposed to Intel. All I need is a compatible processor. Thanks for your time. :)

Since you have enough expeerience to do this, disassemble it so you can examine the processor. Thirty percent of the Tohsiba satellites can be upgraded to something other than the Celeron that is installed. If the Celeron is removable, you can upgrade to a full Pentium a little faster.
The main problem is Toshiba Satellite laptop parts are hard to come by... so search for the processor before you go to the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back