Toshiba Tecra 8200 Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirwin88

Hi All,

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8200 that constantly freezes up. I find that it mainly occurs when I physically move the laptop. Any suggestions?

When it freezes, do you have a mouse physically attached to it? If so, possibly a defective mouse. Otherwise, I'd have to think a loose wire someplace or you're creating a horrendous amount of static when you're moving. Just a few avenues to take.

No there is no mouse physically attached. I am thinking possibly the HD is somehow not seated correctly? I have worked on several Toshibas and have seen problems similar to this. Has anyone else ever had such a problem?

Most of the components which PCs and laptops are very sensitive to even the slightest amount of jarring or shaking. Are you very careful how you set your laptop down on something, or do you just sort of lay it down without taking care that it doesn't slam against something or hit something too hard?

I am actually very careful with it. It is to the point now that even when it is in my lap I can just shift a bit and it will lock up.

Hmm... does it ever freeze up even when you don't move it?

I think we've isolated the problem to movement of the laptop being what causes it to freeze up, but it's hard to say exactly what part of it doesn't like to be moved.

Perhaps you should investigate the problems that you said you've observed on other Toshibas as well. Try visiting a Toshiba laptop forum (if you can find one) or another well-known laptop/hardware site and ask there.

I hate to leave you without some sort of a solution, but the best I can think of right now is just try not to move your laptop if at all possible.

I have looked for some Toshiba forums but so far came up empty. I will continue to search though. Thanks!

Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back