Toshiba USB hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All.

I'm connecting the Toshiba USB hard drive to my device but my PC doesn't show me the drive on the My Computer screen, I'm reading some threads in this forum, I find someone who face the same problem, someone advice him that he need to make partition by using the disk management, but I don't know the steps for doing the partition in the WINXP...

Please try to help me...

Thank you.

Toshiba USB hard drive

It is a full external hard drive.

and I don't have any driver for this external hard drive, my friends use the same hard drive and it is working very well on their pcs, but I don't know what happened with me, no one of my friends use any driver.

Thank oyu.

ok, if the computer is not seeing it, then either the USB connection is bad, or you are lacking a driver.

check both..

I want to till you that my PC shows that the USB is connected by showing an icon in the task bar beside the clock but I cann't see the drive in the my computer screen.

Thank you.

Right clik on My Computer...select Manage, then disk management. It should show up there.
If this doesn't work then why not format it on your friends machine since it is an external drive ? ?

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back