Total tech***** with missing ATI driver

i joined because my ati driver went AWOL... i dont know why it decided to up and leave but now i dont have internet, access to a usb stick, nor can i use the cd/dvd drive. i am going to have to use a friends computer to navigate my way through the problem so i am hoping someone will help me! thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what OS you're using, but if you have System Restore on it, then roll it back to before your driver disappared.

Or you can download the new drivers from here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx Just pick out the appropriate drop downs.

But I'm not sure why your video driver would make your internet, usb port or optical drive stop working. Could be some other issues there. But try the System Restore first.

I'll second gwailo's advice.

Best to try a System Restore first. But the driver plus all those different devices (video, network and usb?!) to have problems occur at the same time is very strange and might suggest a much larger problem (maybe motherboard, i dunno )

/* edit */
One other thought: if system restore fails it might be worth trying to boot your machine from CD into something like Knoppix to see if it might be your Windows installation or it's your hardware failed. See step #2 in this guide See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

Back