TechSpot

Totally radical case cooling idea!

By spartanslayer
Jan 9, 2006
  1. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Fantastic.

I`d never have thought of that lol.

Mind you. They do say it`s better to fry your chips in a little oil, rather than animal fat. :p

Regards Howard :)

2. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

wow thats wild :haha: :haha:

so true howard

3. agronick

agronick TS Rookie Posts: 92

Sick! It would suck to get a leak though.

4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

yea it would, immagion comming home from dinner and your computrer room has 8 gallaons of oil on it :haha: :haha:
    that sould suck esspecally if it was rug

5. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 435

10w40

Just park it in the garage! At the end of the article- they recommend motor oil!!
    Probly multi-weight Castrol would suffice. Didn't see the tube for the dipstick, tho. :haha:
    Don't forget- if ya upgrade your graphics card, pour in a quart of slick50 to expedite signal!! :p

6. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

An update of the age-old similar expirement with a Socket 7 Pentium board. Only in that one they left all the fans running! It made a pretty cool swirl in the liquid.

Don't forget to add green food coloring on Saint Patty's day, or red on Christmas, lol

7. iNoob

iNoob TS Rookie Posts: 68

LoL, i would never do anything like that to my computer. What if you what to change to a different type of cooling? All your parts would be covered in grease...or motor oil...which isn't much better at all...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.