By spartanslayer
Jan 9, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Fantastic.

I`d never have thought of that lol.

Mind you. They do say it`s better to fry your chips in a little oil, rather than animal fat. :p

Regards Howard :)

2. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

wow thats wild :haha: :haha:

so true howard

3. agronick

agronick TS Rookie Posts: 120

Sick! It would suck to get a leak though.

4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

yea it would, immagion comming home from dinner and your computrer room has 8 gallaons of oil on it :haha: :haha:
    that sould suck esspecally if it was rug

5. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 570

10w40

Just park it in the garage! At the end of the article- they recommend motor oil!!
    Probly multi-weight Castrol would suffice. Didn't see the tube for the dipstick, tho. :haha:
    Don't forget- if ya upgrade your graphics card, pour in a quart of slick50 to expedite signal!! :p

6. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,120

An update of the age-old similar expirement with a Socket 7 Pentium board. Only in that one they left all the fans running! It made a pretty cool swirl in the liquid.

Don't forget to add green food coloring on Saint Patty's day, or red on Christmas, lol

7. iNoob

iNoob TS Rookie Posts: 91

LoL, i would never do anything like that to my computer. What if you what to change to a different type of cooling? All your parts would be covered in grease...or motor oil...which isn't much better at all...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.