Tr/Dropper.Gen Trojan, Trojan.Smitfraud Variant-Gen, and other nasties

Status
Not open for further replies.

misswriter

Hi,

(I dual-boot using 2003 and XP-SP2. The only reason I use 2003 is the games I enjoy playing run better on this OS than XP. I use XP for everything else. )

I have a huge problem.

I went through the steps as per the instructions.

Ran Avira AntiVir found numerous little gems and quarantined. (tr/Dropper.Gen Trojan, Trojan.Smitfraud Variant-Gen)-log file attached

Ran CCCleaner twice

Disabled real time programs, Avira etc.

I have a firewall installed in Win 2003

Ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware-removed selected.

Ran SuperAntiSpyware-removed selected and was asked to reboot.-log file attached

After removing the files in Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware, I booted into 2003. No go. Worked fine before: Error missing or corrupt nvata.sys Is this a NVIDIA driver?

So I thought okay. Checked the quarantined files. Yep that file was removed. As a last hope, I restored the file for the heck of it and was able to boot into Win 2003 only once before it did the blue screen crash of death and destruction. Tried to repair via the recovery console and can't boot in safe mode.

Any ideas? Hijackthis log attached.

Thanks Kim

Attachments

• AVSCAN.LOG
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-01-2010 - 15-02-55.log
    2.6 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis2.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
I ran through the steps again to ensure the nasties were removed. I'm going to assume one of the infections really messed up Win 2003. I can still boot into XP, though. Fresh log files are posted.

Thanks Kim

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-02 (22-06-52).txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis3.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back