TechSpot

Transfer a whole website into Frontpage

By theweaver
Dec 1, 2006
  1. The whole website building has never really been my thing, in fact I only ever build one when I need one. Is anyone aware of any method that I could download a website and import it into an HTML program then modify it and make it my own. I know some HTML can be copied but vast amounts are left out.

Your help would be great.

Thank you

Mark

2. frankibo

frankibo TS Rookie Posts: 67

As far as I know transfering a complete website into Frontpage doesn't work that well. However I got a suggestion for you. On the Macromedia Site you can download a free-trail of 30 days of Dreamweaver 8. This is also a good webdesign program. Try this one. Maybe it works better.

3. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

there are downloaders that help to do this -->Hidownload
    and some more I have a freebe from sourceforge ,but don't remember name at moment sorry
    PM me later I'll look it up

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

HTTRACK is what you want, and it is free.
    http://www.httrack.com/
    It downloads the whole website onto your PC. You can then locally modify it to your heart's content.
    However, avoid that piece of M$-crap Frontpage and use an HTML-editor instead, or an editor that 'highlights' the web-tags, such as from www.editpadpro.com

5. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

i like what you see is what you get
    dreamweaver is the best
    no time for all that typing

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.