Transfer a whole website into Frontpage

By theweaver
Dec 1, 2006
  1. The whole website building has never really been my thing, in fact I only ever build one when I need one. Is anyone aware of any method that I could download a website and import it into an HTML program then modify it and make it my own. I know some HTML can be copied but vast amounts are left out.

Your help would be great.

Thank you

2. frankibo

frankibo TS Rookie Posts: 67

As far as I know transfering a complete website into Frontpage doesn't work that well. However I got a suggestion for you. On the Macromedia Site you can download a free-trail of 30 days of Dreamweaver 8. This is also a good webdesign program. Try this one. Maybe it works better.
  3. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

there are downloaders that help to do this -->Hidownload
    and some more I have a freebe from sourceforge ,but don't remember name at moment sorry
    PM me later I'll look it up
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

HTTRACK is what you want, and it is free.
    It downloads the whole website onto your PC. You can then locally modify it to your heart's content.
    However, avoid that piece of M$-crap Frontpage and use an HTML-editor instead, or an editor that 'highlights' the web-tags, such as from
  5. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

i like what you see is what you get
    dreamweaver is the best
    no time for all that typing
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.