Transfer pictures to memory card in reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time using memory card reader. I have been using reader to transfer
pictures to memory card/sddisk for digital picture frames. I got through
1 set of pictures, now when I try it keeps saying (cannot copy) the directory or file cannot be created. what is happening? thanks

Memory card is a 2g, I have check space and still have plenty available.
Could it be the size of the new pictures file? I check the size of each picture
file I have already on, and they are not as big as the files I am trying to download now. If that may be the case, how do I go about reducing sz of the picture file size for each new picture? Thanks

Shouldn't be any problems with the file size on that card. There may be a limit on how many you can have in the root directory. Create a directory on the card, then dump the pictures in there, hopefully your picture frame can read stuff a directory deep.

Just browse to it in explorer, like you are doing to put pictures there. Then right click and create new folder. Then put the pictures in that folder.

Did you get the SD card off ebay or some other potentially shady dealer? There are fakes out there which appear to be of some large capacity and are instead much smaller.

Delete some of the pictures then try making the directory. If you are infact running into a capacity issue (if you have a fake card), then yes, reducing the size of the pictures would help, but only because smaller size means smaller file size. If you need to do that, it is easiest with the Image Resizer Powertoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back