Transfering Steam Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchy

I've just ordered a new PC and am wondering if it is possible to transfer games from one STEAM account to another.

I have Darwinia, DOD:S and CS:S which i don't want to lose (can replace HL-2 with Orange Box) and i'd love if there was a way for me to keep them.

Thanks in advance
Finchy

Just wondering, but why not just use the same account, and remove steam from the old one?

If you can't/don't want to do that, as far as I remember you cannot transfer the games. You would probably have to re-buy all of them.

Absolutely you can keep them. You can use the same Steam account on all your PCs AND you can install all your paid for Steam games on all of your PCs at the same time. It's perfectly alright. You just have to login on only one PC at a time. If you choose to, you may install your Steam games on your new PC (using your existing account) and uninstall from your old PC (although you don't have to). To install on a new PC, you don't even need any original CDs. Once you register a game on Steam as you may know, it is permanently tied to your Steam account so you can download it from Steam to your new PC (although it will take awhile). Typically, Steam games you install have to be updated through Steam anyway.

When switching from one PC to the other you sometimes have to re-login to Steam but other than that, no problem. I switch between two PCs and occasionally a third to play CS:S, Half Life 2, etc. all the time.

You can just install STEAM on the new PC and use the same account. Just type in the name and password, download/install the games and you are clear!

Tis all clear now
Thanks guys
Looks like won't have to lose any games after all, though its' still a bit annoying that is my brothers account tied in to his e-mail but still, whaever must be must be.

PS I take it you have two accounts on one computer (so my brother doesn't have control of my steam-ing)

Thanks again
Finchy

From the Steam website: "Yes, you can access different Steam accounts from one computer, however, you may only access one account at a time.

The accounts will share the core files for any games the accounts have in common, but each each account will maintain its own custom content and configuration files."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back