Transferring photos from Android phone to Mac

I downloaded the Android Transfer App to the Mac. It recognizes my phone and the MTP on the phone. However, it won't recognize my "Gallery" photos and so I can't transfer those. Any ideas?

I don't have an Android, but on my iPhone I've gone to My Computer & clicked on Apple & a folder opens up so I click it again & there are my pictures. I usually copy them to my pc. I hope this helps. :)
Others may have better solutions. :)

Hi, Problem might be because the 'Gallery' photos are in the phone's internal memory and not on the SD card in the phone. If that's the case here, then it might be necessary to 'move' the photos from the phone memory to the SD card in the phone.
Don't have an iphone or Android phone here either but I have the same issue with a Nokia moblie from a few years back (2010/11).
Also if it's possible, it might be worth changing the settings so that any photos taken with the phone's camera are saved to the SDcard and not the phone RAM. Same reason as from my Nokia, in that the SDcard has about 200 times the space of the internal RAM !

I don't have an Android, but on my iPhone I've gone to My Computer & clicked on Apple & a folder opens up so I click it again & there are my pictures. I usually copy them to my pc. I hope this helps. :)
Others may have better solutions. :)
Ok, an "Edited" update. When I plug my iPhone in my Vista, on my iPhone it asks me if I trust this or Don't allow. I click trust & if I have any new pics/videos a box pops up by the notification giving me the option to import them. Otherwise, I do this.
For my iPhone on my Vista I go to Control Panel, click Apple iPhone which takes me to Internal Storage so I click it & see what looks like an empty folder named DCIM & I click it. I see another so called empty folder with an alpha numeric name & I click on it & in it are the pictures/videos I've taken.
I then copy them to My Pictures folder & either delete them from my iPhone or keep them. I hope this helps.

Connect the phone via usb cable (the one you use to charge it more than likely). On the phone itself you can go into settings and for usb connection set it to "storage". You also will likely get a dialog box pop up when you plug it in asking you what you want to do with the files. Don't sync. Choose open folders with Windows Explorer. The phone will be mounted as a lettered drive. You can go into Computer find the phone/drive and browse the files like a hard drive. Pictures are usually in a folder called DCIM. You can also just do a search on the drive for any and all .jpg files and that will lead you to the pictures. Copy and paste them onto the laptop hard drive. The screen shots below show how I get to the pictures on my Android phone. This is Windows 7 but the idea is the same. Do not choose the option to sync. Just go to the drive letter assigned to the phone. There may also be pictures on the storage card and you can browse to those as well. In my case the pictures are in the DCIM/MEDIA100 folder in the main phone storage.

@OscarSakari - your entire post is about how to do it on Windows. While finding the DCIM folder holds true, nearly everything else in your post is so specific to Windows that trying to translate that to OS X has a high potential of just making the process more confusing/frustrating to the OP.

Creating a new post because of the time difference, may merge later.

I connected my work phone both (Galaxy S4) to my MBP both as MTP and PTP and neither worked. Could not get it to show up in Finder or Disk Utility. I did have to get Android File Transfer. Install went fine and I was able to browse my phone without any issue. I do not have a micro SD card in the phone, so I can't test access to that, but I didn't have any problems pulling the pics I took with the phone to my computer. This is what I saw:
z1ZbIjG.png

Back