TechSpot

Transporter Sync promises Dropbox-like file syncing on your own terms

By Jos
Oct 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Late last year a company called Connected Data completed a successful a Kickstarter campaign for a device that promised an online, off-cloud storage solution to keep your important files synchronized across multiple devices without monthly recurring fees. It’s the same...

Read more

2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Software can do the same for less.

3. You are right. Why would anyone buy this when you can easily sync all you files with BitTorrent Sync or AeroFS? Both of them are free.

4. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Posts: 563   +11

I hate when they say "The main downside is not having the convenience of keeping a copy of documents stored in a third party server that?s accessible anytime, anywhere, just in case your home connection is down or the power goes out." um pretty sure if your internet goes down you can't access the cloud anyway?

5. Yeah, but you can go to your neighbor's internet, a coffee shop, or your iphone.

6. codemonkey2k5

codemonkey2k5 TS Rookie

The Iphone app works ok but the android app almost never connects to any of the File Transporters that I have. If I keep banging on it for about 20 minutes it might connect, but by then I am so pissed off that I really do not care. Once it connects it works ok. While you can actually open a doc within the iphone app, in android all you get is a very basic file manager. And there is no method for which to store locally cached copies. Piss poor implementation of what should have been an awesome product!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.