Transporting my whole PC...

nik11105

Ok so hey guy, its been a long time since I've posted anything. I'll be moving from Dublin to Estonia for about six month, and I really want to bring my computer with me. The thing is though to that I am not paying a company such as UPS but instead a person who will ship it but for a decent price. Now I am really worried that my PC might get damaged, so I am hoping to protect it from all possible way that it could get damaged. Now I was thinking of putting the graphics card, heatsink and hard drive into my luggage on the flight itself and ship my actual case with the rest of the hardware whit this person. So What do you suggest I do? What could I do to protect my Pc from all forms of transport. Just to let you know I don not have any of the original box for any of the parts of hardware. As always any help at all will be appreciated!!!
P.S. I have enclosed a picture of my pc just for context.

Attachments

• IMG_9929.jpg
    IMG_9929.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 11
If it was me I'd strip it down, bubble wrap every component, and then ship it well protected in a couple of big boxes (a separate one for your tower).

Or take an extra suitcase, and pack it well inside that and pay the extra handling charge - if thats allowed.

Go to your local PC shop and grab some spare boxes that fit your components, they generally just throw out the boxes anyway - and you cant get a safer medium to carry your gear than the boxes they originally came in :).

Back