Tribes2 quits to desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whack0

how would i fix this problem? i play an offline game, loads up everything nicely, before the match begins, the announcer says "15 seconds", and it crashes back to desktop without any error messages....

win2k
radeon8500
latest patches fer game and card
not a copied game
no crack, no whatever, just normal stuff

...planettribes.com werent all that helpful either...

any solutions?

A suggestion would be to try changing your video settings. Turn off all the eye candy (Detailed terrain, fog, ect..) and run it at 640x480 with all everything turned down.

My Radeon 64DDR would not run Tribes 2 until I did this. Once I finally got it to run for the first time, I was able to raise the settings while in the game and it has run fine ever since.

I know you said you aren't using a crack, but if you are lying, it could very well be the cause. Cracks are perfectly acceptable ways to remove CD swapping, so there's nothing wrong with it. You should pay special attention to glon32.dr7. If the version is incorrect or it is messed up, it will have the same effect as you mentioned.

Are you using D3D or OpenGL? Try switching, and see if that helps anything. It's in your video settings.
Also try tuning down the texture quality.

i turned everything down, switched between opengl and d3d, tried matching desktop res and color bit with the game's, tried disabling sound card, i used no crack....
how do i know if glon32.dr7 is the right version or not messed up?

i even burned another copy of t2 and tried installing off of the copy cd.... still no good. :(

Well, your glon32 file wouldn't be the wrong version unless you cracked it, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm unaware of anything you can do if that did not work. Maybe you should try older update patches and see if the problem persist. You may want to even use older video card drivers or perhaps leaked beta drivers. There's not much else I can think of suggesting.

ah well. thas alright. thanks for all yer help, Rick (and Vehementi, too).

fortunately, i still have ut (which works) to keep me busy :D :grinthumb

i guess i could resort to dual booting...

is that dual boot guide of 3ds still good even though it's 2 years old? (last updated on my birthday - nov 8, 2k :D )

Originally posted by Whack0
i guess i could resort to dual booting...

is that dual boot guide of 3ds still good even though it's 2 years old? (last updated on my birthday - nov 8, 2k :D )
Good enough that I'd be fairly happy with replacing the word 2000 with XP in it & saying its the win9x/xp dual boot guide ;)

I'd go with uninstalling the game & reinstalling it though rather than dual booting. You'd have to reinstall after you've setup the dual boot anyway for the other OS, so seems like a waste to install another OS before doing it.

Dual booting shouldn't be necessary. Tribes 2 runs fine on all installations of Windows 2000 and XP I've had.

Since it is possible to run the game using these OSes, there is a problem somewhere that can probably be fixed. I would devote a little more time into finding an answer. When all else fails, then you may want to try dual booting as a last-resort method.

i've uninstalled and reinstalled t2 a bazillion times already... i really have no idea what's causing the problem...

fortunately, some dude from the planettribes forums thinks he might be able ta help me......

if all else fails, i could try upgrading to xp.... or do a dual boot of 2k/xp....

i have yet to het uit to work in 2k i have the same problem but i was (killed pros 2 days ago) running 98/xp and it likes 98 fine but had to use the compatiblity mode in xp. they have a new patch for 2k with compatiblitly mode that works on my other comp. best of luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back