Tried solution but taskmgr and svchost not working

By svsiva
May 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I am not very technical guy. I have Mccafee installed in my system. The other day when I clicked a link, Mccagee alerted me that it identified and removed a trojan. But i kept getting popups. After running superantispyware, it stopped.

I found out my taskmgr is not working. I googled and did what I read in this site.

As I read, I did find the taskmgr in systemroot and when I double clicked it, It worked. After 1st time It did not work.

I followed the instructions to remove malware/virus. I here attached the 3 logs.

my svchost is not working after 1st time.

I installed sysinternals. But I am not that much knowledgeable to find out the wrong one. I attached that file too.

Please help!

Siva.

Moderator Edit:
    2 Threads merged
    Only post 1 thread for 1 issue at a time

2. tw0rld

tw0rld TechSpot Maniac Posts: 609   +6

Not enough information. Can you be more detailed in your description of the problem.
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

Where are the logs?

Several different processes show as svchost.
  4. svsiva

svsiva Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Dear moderator, Should I post taskmgr problem and svchost problem seperatly?

As I already mentioned i am not very technical guy. So I don't know what type of problem description I should give. Can you please ask me particularly what your are expecting?

I forgot to mention that Mccafee is giving 'Buffer overflow blocked' in C:\windows\system32\services.exe whenever i start my PC.

I attached my logs in my first post. Here I copy the logs here.

Moderator Edit:
    Pasted logs removed, all logs must be attached
    One thread for one problem is all you need

Hi

I tried to fix taskmagr problem. As i did, I ran scvhost using Run program. It opened service explorer for the first time. but 2nd time it did not open the service explorer.

i have attatched my hijack this log. and other log files.

please help!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.