Trigem mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.
All TriGems are made under license... In other words, they are copies of boards, so anything is possible. But the HP 9855 does have four memory slots and each has only 256 MB... so it may not be called Dual Channel but it sure looks like it.

Actually it is a 9855a model and only has 2 memory slots. And because I am unsure, I decided to buy 1 1gb stick of regular memory so the point is as they say moot. Thanks for your input :>)

Dual Channel or not, your system could benefit from installing 2GB, One 1GB DDR2100 module in each slot

Dual Channel or not, your system could benefit from installing 2GB, One 1GB DDR2100 module in each slot

Yep, and when my budget allows, I will get the other GB, and thanks. Oh, and HP tells me that the board will run at 400 FSB so DDR3200
will work.

According to the online reports from HP, you must have stated the hp p9855a model number incorrectly, because I didn't get close to the same thing when I went to the HP site under that model number

It's there, p9855a, I just left the page, it's under product Information once you get to the page
So it must be you who are in error, not moi. :>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back