TechSpot

Trogan.Win23@mx infection

By DocChubbroca
Jan 14, 2007
  1. I was infected with a Trogan and I have followed the preliminary removal steps. As of right now, I am not getting the WINDOWS Alarm saying I am infected with a trojan, and my Nortons Anti-virus is not picking up anything. Granted that Norton's didn't pick it up in the first place.

I can not attach my AVI and HJT logs as it is saying I have an error on page when I click the attachment button. Any help with that aspect would be appreciated so I can attach them to allow your support in ensuring that I have rid my laptop of this. Thank.

Very Respectfully,
    Drew

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Since you seem to be having a problem with attaching files, you can copy and paste them. I`ll delete them when I`ve finished.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of DocChubbroca only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. DocChubbroca

DocChubbroca TS Rookie Topic Starter

Okay, here was my AVG Log:

Okay, here is the AVG Log:

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your computer.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of DocChubbroca only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.