Trogan.Win23@mx infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was infected with a Trogan and I have followed the preliminary removal steps. As of right now, I am not getting the WINDOWS Alarm saying I am infected with a trojan, and my Nortons Anti-virus is not picking up anything. Granted that Norton's didn't pick it up in the first place.

I can not attach my AVI and HJT logs as it is saying I have an error on page when I click the attachment button. Any help with that aspect would be appreciated so I can attach them to allow your support in ensuring that I have rid my laptop of this. Thank.

Very Respectfully,
Drew

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Since you seem to be having a problem with attaching files, you can copy and paste them. I`ll delete them when I`ve finished.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of DocChubbroca only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your computer.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of DocChubbroca only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back