Trojan changed windows interface images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmashock

Ok, a friend's computer was badly infected with Trojans and viruses. I was able to remove them all with Spybot S&D and AVG but there is one bit of residual crap on the computer that just won't go.

That little window that pops up right before you choose the account to log into on windows has been altered to say something like "Your computer has been infected with a virus". I believe it's part of the "Antivirus 2008" Trojan as it had the same sort of logo plastered all over the desktop as well.

Anyway, I've seen this trojan on other computers and removed it without a problem and have also never seen this little window changed.

How do I change it back? I think the Trojan changed bit files, jpgs, and edited the default text messages.

Help me out here. It has no technical impact on the computer but it's galling to have this hazing tattoo in the boot up process.

thank you, you were right. Man that's annoying.

It seems you always need to run five different programs just to get rid of that stuff.

Yes I agree about 5 Programs

So how did it go with the removal (and logs)?
Or are you still going through this?

no, that got it.

At least, it got that message and none of the other programs are detecting a problem.

Do you suggest further action beyond this?

So far the system "seems" clean.

I don't, but usually others want to check the logs and stuff
(By the way, log checking is not my area really anyway)

But if you're happy, then that's that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back